CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New Year, New Schools

Andrew went to our local elementary school last year and we homeschooled Joe. Lillie went to a daycare/preschool for a short period of time 2 days a week. We decided to change it up a little this year. We found out about a great school 20 minutes away in a farming town. They have rated outstanding for the last couple of years. They keep their class sizes small and (gasp) I have both Joe and Andrew's teachers cell #'s.!!!! :) Anyways the boys are loving it and both enjoy going there. Here the boys are in the front of the school on thier first day.
 Here is Andrew at his desk. There are 9 kids in his class. It looks so funny seeing a huge classroom, but a small # of desks.

Lillie started at a semi-montessori preschool and she loves it too. She has made many new friends and is already learning letter sounds.
 She joined in and starting playing right away!
 We have also been enjoying one of these lately! :D
This is Myckennly. She is 2 weeks old and is Casey and my great niece. She has been at our house a couple times a week and we love it!

We just had the Pendleton Round Up "Let'R Buck parade and the kids had a good time and caught lots of candy! We also had a wonderful 9/11 breakfast, procession,  and church service followed by a BBQ. It was lovely and hot! The weather has been very hot and I am ready for some cool fall temperatures. Pictures to come when I find my memory card. :(  Hope everyone has had a great summer and you school adventures have been great!

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Hello! I don't know if you remember me from the "Homesteadwannabes" blog, but we are finally moving over the mountain and into the area. I've been searching for a Christian-based homeschool support group and was wondering if you knew someone I could contact. I see from your last post, that you are no longer homeschooling, but I'm hoping you can help me anyway. Also, tips on where I can get raw cow's milk would be most helpful as well! Thanks so much. Hope to meet you in person sometime if you are still in the area. God Bless, Jackie